Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Lymphemo #6

Well, I never thought this day would come. We were running a little late and if you know me, this a perfect way to get me worked up. My BP was 140/101. Oh, is that wheelchair for me? I think some of that was anxiety over the last poisoning but...ooofh...that's a new high.

We discussed a few things with my Onc:

  • Get out and get moving this high BP may be coming from the weight gain.
  • The edema in my left ankle and foot is back and more pronounced in the evening...we should keep an eye on that
  • I should secure a portable BP cuff and regularly take my pressure to make sure I don't have white-coat hypertension something that was suggested in my past.
  • Look into programs by Dean Ornish and John Kabat-Zinn
  • Look into meditation classes to reduce your stress level.
  • The adriamycin can cause long term effects on the heart muscle. My genetic proclivities lean toward heart disease and diabetes so I need to be more attuned "heart healthiness"
  • Tonic water has a little quinine so that may help my night time foot cramping. These bouts have me waking up with a start in the wee hours of the morning only to find my toes trying desperately to form an OK sign. Me = Yelping and struggling to find my contorting appendages. Agony.

We pulled the blood work from my port and it appears that my stats are better than Lymphemo #5 so we are good to go. On to the final RCHOP while trying to stay very relaxed and peaceful all while Howard Dean's infamous 2004 primary primal scream is looking for overdue release "YEEEAAH!"

1 comment:

  1. yep _I also suffer/ed from "white coat hypertension"

    but I will add my bp has increased since my bout with cancer.

    cheers
    april

    ReplyDelete