Wednesday, March 4, 2009

It’s like this and like that and like this and uh*

big apocalypse now clean

Finding it hard to be profound…my energy level has taken a hit over the last several days. Noticed a big gap in my right eyebrow yesterday so hair loss continues…I’ve stopped counting; not really, I haven’t been counting.

Heard about another past workmate with a recent breast cancer diagnosis so the stats keep mounting. I’m bouncing some of your positive energy her way.

There is light at the end of the tunnel. I certainly realize that I’m on the back half of this journey and I continue to receive comments, cheers and dinners from all of you and that has made a huge difference. Here’s to 2 more treatments. Hip Hip. Hop.

*Nothing but a G Thang – Snoop Dogg/Dr. DRE

3 comments:

  1. Hi Paul, Kristine here your new cancer buddy. I just read through your blog and I have to give you a BIG thank you. It's nice to know what to expect beforehand. I also want you to know that my 70 year old mother was diagnoised with Lymphoma 2 years ago and is doing great. Maybe we will run into each other at LHCP and catch up. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Paul, those sculptures by Ron Mueck are....WOW!

    Your subtle humor on this particular post eluded me at first. Today, rereading it, I see the arm positions are switching from picture to picture, to match your title! (In case anyone else out there is, um, a little slow on the uptake...I offer this interpretation to the P.M. Fan Club.)

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Paul,

    I think I mentioned that McKenna is slightly jealous that you will be finishing chemo before her. Her eyebrows thin a little more every week.

    She goes in for all the mid chemo tests this next week so she will be able to update her progress as well.

    You have done a great service in posting here and not only letting us all know how graceful you are handling the situation but also being a support for others who are fighting against cancer.

    Thank you

    ReplyDelete