Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Today = R- HOCP

Liz has decided to give up today and get some rest at home. She called in reinforcements and Barb is now on the case.

The Aloxi is now flowing in place of the Zofran to stave off the nausea. I'm not above acting pre-emptively when it comes to nausea or hair loss...although I'm not gonna shave my body like a swimmer; and no waxing - no Brazilian waxing, please. If you see me and my arms look like a mangy dog, you'll know why. I'll start popping Zofran which dissolves on your tongue very quickly as soon as i get home; tastes a little like Pepto Bismol if you like that kind of thing.


Barb favors the reverse chemo method so she will push the Adriamycin (H) next and then the Oncovin. These are the harsh ones so she feels it better to get these poisons sloshing around my system for a while before releasing me to the wild. If you recall, the Adriamycin comes out later in a brilliant, pink hue. My brother suggested that I draft a message in the fresh snow, photograph it and post it for you. Logistically, this might be a difficult gag to pull off given the fact that the Cytoxan (C) has yet to hang but they do have a nice rooftop deck outside the chemo delivery room. My fellow passengers might be disturbed if I wade out into the snow with my battery powered Baxter Flow-Gard 6200 IV pole(see pic) and my camera. Ah, forget it, it's in the teens outside.

Here's a pic of Barb shooting me up with the "Red Devil" (H...er, A) and now Cytoxan (C) mixed with saline is flowing away. So far, so good.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Paul,
    Sorry I missed you guys at Christmas. I've been keeping up with the blog. What a great writer you are! Your sense of humor is so great and really inspiring. Wish I could be there to help out, sounded like Dave and Oliver did a bunch over Christmas! See you soon. xoxox Emee

    ReplyDelete